Tesla Turbine Project

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trapper23

Reaction score
I've just started on this project and so far It's as far advanced as the drawings are done.

The intention is to build a 10rotor (4inch diameter) running on compressed air or pressurised recirculating water driving a flywheel or pulley in turn driving an alternater.

My research tells me that if i run this at between 40-70psi i should achieve up to 12-15,000rpm. Common sense tells me that i therefore need to achive a good pressure vessel (crank case) Im thinking 3mm wall alluminium tube should be ok. But any advice would be gratefully received.

Im sure that there is some equation or specification for working it out so can someone direct me to it please.:noidea::noidea:

Hi I'm in the middle of making a tesla turbine but I'm using it for a pump .I am using stainless for the body and I'm going to make several sets of discs out of ally ,stainless, and possibly ceramic .
I'm making it on the fly really with fag packet drawings so I haven't done much research haha
As for wall thickness I was going to probably have more like 10mm or so , but then im going to just make mine on the lath out of a pice of solid bar and have all the fixings taped in to the body so i need a bit more meat to tap in to (and I like to over engineer things haha).
I'm doing 10 discs at 75mm 1 mm thick to start with . See how that goes .

Latest posts

Back