TB3 - IC engine team build

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New engine

• Hit n Miss

• Websters

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brass_Machine

Reaction score
I have had a few of the more advanced members ask me when we are going to do a IC team build. I do plan on it. I have been thinking of running an IC team build concurrently with the Elmer's build IF I can get enough people involved.

1. It would be a simple design... probably one of Jan Ridder's engines.
2. It would be longer than the 3 months we use for the steamers

Eric

Yes I would be interested ;D ;D ;D

-Bret

Most definatley? I'm in. What engines are we looking at? I like the two stroke posted eariler.
Tim

if you guys don`t mind parts made in canada :D ............count me in too.

chuck

I'm interested if there's room for a relative newbie.

Joe

chuck foster said:
if you guys don`t mind parts made in canada :D ............count me in too.

chuck

As long as they don't fuss aboot! eh? :big:

OFC! I love Canada... what a great country! Spent my honeymoon in Nova Scotia.

Eric

I really like the Linford 2-stroke

grotefoto1.jpg

or the simple 2 stroke

foto1.jpg

Eric

BTW...

I am willing to do this with a small team. If everyone agrees... it just means we all make more parts.

It will be the standard of making 2 more engines than members. 1 for HMEM to show and 1 for sale for charity or website support.

What thinks you?

Eric

i would like to build the simple 2 stroke, but i will participate on what ever you guys chose ;D

extra engines is fine with me...........

chuck

I think the simple is a great engine for our first IC. Not as complex and a few less parts.

I have the plans from Jan, if anyone wants a copy... send me a PM.

Eric

Powder keg said:
What about one of Jerry's engines? 1906 Bill This is a nice looking engine. Also his Powerhouse is suposed to be fairly easy to build?

Wes

I love Jerry's engines as well. Only issue is, everyone has to order plans from him. Jan's plans are free. Maybe the next one? I would love to build his V-twin.

Eric

Eric/Brass machine; Got the plans, thanks. Looks good to me for the team build.

I must admit that Jerry's 1906 Bill rings my bell... I just really like the old fashioned style of it. Dang. Another one for the got to build list. Thanks Wes!

Joe

ahhh IC :bow: is there a category for polishing? if so im in! :big: jksjks
going to watch this time :'(

theres always websters engine thats free also (seem simpler).

BM, is it still possible for me to obtain Jan's engine plans? (are all his free?)

So, can one participate in both team builds? I have done several steam but never an IC. I like the looks of all i have seen on this thread.

Brian

Speedy said:
ahhh IC :bow: is there a category for polishing? if so im in! :big: jksjks
going to watch this time :'(

theres always websters engine thats free also (seem simpler).

BM, is it still possible for me to obtain Jan's engine plans? (are all his free?)

Michael

Jan has his email address on his web page. Just send him an email, he is very kind that he gives his plans away for free.

Eric

Back