TB3 - IC engine team build

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New engine

• Hit n Miss

• Websters

Results are only viewable after voting.
te_gui said:
So, can one participate in both team builds? I have done several steam but never an IC. I like the looks of all i have seen on this thread.

Brian

No reason why not. This build will take a little longer than the steamer engine.

Eric

Count with me for TB3, pins for TB2 are definitively very small parts ;-)

Jacques

I would love to take on something simple from this build if there is room for me?

David

Linford 2-stroke
Linford 2-stroke
Linford 2-stroke
Linford 2-stroke
Very nice engine
Tim

Alrighty then, count me in on this one as well.

Brian

Sign me up!

Interested parties:

Joe d
Te_gui
JMe
Twinsquirrel
Zuesrekning
PowderKeg
KustomKB
Bretk
Chuck Foster
Dick L.
Brass_Machine
kvom

So far... anyone else?

I will put up a poll for engine choices either tonight or tomorrow. I want to see if there is anyone else interested. I think we have a good group now... so it is a go. Just waiting for any stragglers

Eric

FYI:

Jan sent me this email on his pressure controlled two stroke, a really neat and slow runner vertical that isn't much more complicated than the simple 2 stroke. It will run down to 200 rpm as opposed to the 1000 rpm of the simple 2 stroke:

Hello Bret,

These days I am busy to make a new 3d CAD drawing plan for this Pressure Controlled Two-stroke. The reason is that I made some improvements based on my experiences helping some people to make this engine run well. I discovered some little critical points in the original design and I am eliminating them with the new drawing plan.
I think this new drawing plan will be ready within a week from now. I will send you this as soon as it is ready. Please ask me again if you did not receive it before July 10th.

Greetings from sunny Holland,

Jan Ridders

Since this will run longer than 3 months I should have some experience from the TB2 build. Sign me up for something easy.

This will be my first IC. That said I will be happy with something like the Webster. If the confidence level of success is that high amongst those that have several under their belt then let's have at it. ;D
Dick

The only problem I have with 2 strokes is I have nightmares and blisters from trying to start every chain saw I've ever owned:eek:) It sounded like Jan was even having trouble with ones others have built. Getting them to run right or not idling below 1000 RPM's?

Wes

I have just had an e-mail conversation with Jan Ridders who has done some modifications to his pressure controlled two stroke. He is now pretty confident that a novice will get one of these to run reliably, it has massive advantages. No cam driven valves, and no conventional carburettor. He has what he calls a petrol vapour carburettor which doubles as the fuel tank. Fuel / air is mixed to a natural stochiometric ratio before it is drawn into the cylinder, hence no problems with adjusting mixture, atomisation etc!

Nick

Hmmm 15 votes but only 12 people signed on for the build??

Eric

Looks like we are going to do the Linford. I think it will be a fun and unique engine:eek:) It will also be my first I.C. engine. So I will have plenty to learn. I would like to do the Flywheels and the Spark plugs. I've never made a spark plug before:eek:) We need to decide how long this build will be. I'm thinking 5 - 6 months. Remember some of us are starting the coombers rotary also. So be sure to pace your selfs.

Later, Wes

I think the build time should be about 6 months.

As far as the engine is concerned... I am thinking the webster would be a good start. The poll I posted is kinda tarnished, 17 votes but only 12 people on the build team ???

The webster may be a good start for us. Simple and not a lot of parts.

Eric

Back