T-Head Engine Plans

Help Support HMEM:

vederstein

Must do dumb things....
Reaction score
Ok,

For me, this engine was a failure. I just couldn't get the valves to seal worth a damn. I don't necessarily think it's in the design, I think it's because I suck.,

So in the following few posts, I present the design for this four stroke engine. If anybody tackles this thing and is successful, please contact me and let me know your secrets.

...Ved.

Capture.JPG

vederstein

Must do dumb things....
Reaction score
First up we have assembly drawings...

Attachments

vederstein

Must do dumb things....
Reaction score
And now individual part prints...

Attachments

Leo

Reaction score
Thanks much for posting these plans. It looks like an interesting project. Who knows I might actually build it. If I live long enough.

Willyb

Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to put your design up for others to look at and possibly build. Looks like a neat engine.
May take a run at it when I get my other projects finished. :)

Cheers
Willy

lathe nut

Lathe Nut
HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
great looking engine and thanks for the plans, will there be a video to see it running, really like the design, thanks for sharing with us, Joe

Makin chips

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the valve stem and the accompanying adjusting rod tappet assembly need a definitive separation. That's a lot of weight and leverage flopping around as they motion and try to seat... Maybe a guide for the lower assembly and the valve stem just butts against a rod end. Just my $.02 Nice work in the CAD system too. Very easy to understand!!

If you learned something on the build it is never a failure.

Best of luck, Chuck

James Barker

Reaction score
Ved, thank you so very much for posting up these drawings for us here. I especially like the files for making the patterns required to cast the base. I am going to see if I can bribe the high school shop instructor into allowing me access to the foundry section some weekend. It has been a long time since I cast anything but think I still remember how to do it. I have also been looking at the drawings and may change a bit here and there but am enjoying seeing something different as the subject of discussion. Many thanks again and stay safe.

BC1
Jim

jkimberln

Reaction score
Ved, echo....thanks from me also on posting the drawings. Doesn't look too hard to make and I'll attempt it. Wondering if by chance there is an stl file of the flywheel? Those of us with casting facilities and a 3d printer would find that very useful.

vederstein

Must do dumb things....
Reaction score
Thank you all for the encouragement. As I wrote earlier, I built the engine and failed. I was never able to get my valves to seal. I don't think it's the design, I think I just suck. For those that question the long valve lifters, I did have a problem with alignment. That's why I added the guide plate at the bottom cylinder.

xj35s

Reaction score
Ved, echo....thanks from me also on posting the drawings. Doesn't look too hard to make and I'll attempt it. Wondering if by chance there is an stl file of the flywheel? Those of us with casting facilities and a 3d printer would find that very useful.

I will attempt this today. Are the angled and threaded holes needed in the pla part? Also should the center hole be a smaller diameter for light machining later or actual size?

vederstein

Must do dumb things....
Reaction score
When it comes to the castings, just assume any mating surface is a machined surface. Therefore a mating surface in the casting is undersized.

For this engine, I didn't use any cores in the castings.

...Ved.

Latest posts