Stirling Motor

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnp101677

Reaction score
I have an incomplete set of plans for a stirling motor. I have a solid works assembly of this motor and about 80% of the parts machined. I had to draw in some of the parts I was missing plans for and I am just not sure that this thing is going to run. I was wondering if someone out there is savvy enough with Stirling Motors that they could pull in my assembly and tell me if everything looks like it will work. Or maybe there is even someone out there who has made this model who could give me the missing plans. I have attached a picture of the model in Solid Works. Thank you in advance.

SM.JPG

Hello from one of the new guys; I thought maybe someone would jump in on this one. This engine looks familiar and I may have plans for it. I use Solid Works and have built a few Stirling engines. I would be happy to look at your design and give you my thoughts keeping in mind that I'm no expert.

Dave

Looks nice,

I also would like to check it out.

Maybe upload an Assembly file.?

Thanks,

Have built an engine kind of similar to yours. Guessing the power cylinder is connected to the hot cap area by the over lapping of these areas on the common bulkhead. I didn't have paper plans. A friend brought me the engine in back for me to get running for him. After getting it running decided to copy it. The only differance I see is how the displacer is driven. The ones in picture is a kind of scotches yoke with lever having pivot at base.

Don't have Solid Works. Only thing that has me wondering is it looks like the power piston con rod is connected to an adjustable arm. If so changing also changes travel of power piston. If power piston con rod is connected to crank pin and the displacer is adjustable then think that would be good as displacer travel can be adjusted by set screw on displacer rod.

Hotairengine26-1.jpg

Alright! I am so glad I got some responses. I am uploading everything I have for this motor. I uploaded it in the upload/download area of this site under Stirling Motor. All the references should be set, if you just open the file called CCBC Sterling Engine in the root of the Stirling Engine folder it should open right up. You will notice that a few of the files are imported parasolids and that is because I originally modeled this engine in Solid Edge and then began remodeling it in SW. This is actually not the most recent version of the assembly but I believe it will work for our purposes. I have just changed the CAM and made some other slight modifications. If not, I can upload the most recent one later.

Thank you so much for the responses and welcomes. I can't believe I haven't signed up for this site already - it's really nice!

By the way - nice looking stirling engines, kustomkb Thm:

Thanks again,
Dan

Hi Dan

I will pull your file up at work on Monday and have a look at it. I found the plans that I have and it appears to be the same engine as the one you are building. I could copy parts that you are missing and email them to you if you would like.

Is there a way to do a private message on the forum?

Dave

Dave,

This is great news! Go ahead and send whatever you have to this address [email protected]. I don't use it much so just let me know when you send it so I can check it. You can send everything if you want - this way I can see how your plans are different (if they are different).

Thanks a million,

Dan

Hi Dan

Check your gmail address for a message I sent.

Thanks Dave

Latest posts

Back