Stirling engine - Fan

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chriske

Reaction score
OK, not 100% done but at this stage it runs smoothly, some fine-tuning has to be done.
Made by my pupils. This is it's actual maiderun.
It is indeed rather noisy but that's because it is mounted on top of a metal box

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSVN_IsKdmQ[/ame]

That looks great, Does it generate much air flow? I'd be interested in seeing more of this design! What class is it you teach? In OZ the standards are a little lower from what I can see of the US schools when it comes to metalwork. Over here the big projects tend to be very simple and easy to accomplish in a short time.

cheers, Ian

Ian,

There is no air flow at all at this stage. I did not twist the blades yet. That's the next step we'll perform. Pupils of my classes are 15/16 years of age. Together we have lots of fun. To be clear on the matter, All parts are made by my pupils and I do all assembling work at home in my little workshop.
That's not the only project this year from our metal workshop this schoolyear.
There is more to come, still working on it. Open door is in early May, still lots to do to finish all these projects.

Stay tuned...;)

Chris

Nice looking engine. What is the design?

Mbusha,

This engine is of own design.
In the past I had a few peeks at the internet. Looking at several concepts I figured it out how to make this kind of engine.
One very important tip I got from two amateur builders in our local club (Dirk and Wim). This tip had all to do with the internal space in Stirling engines, how to deal with it. Building a engine around that 'space' is no big deal once you understand it.

I"m no Stirling expert at all, but knows how to work with all these machines in our workshop...;)

Chris

Latest posts

Back