Steve from Australia

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smuttley

Reaction score
Hi All,
I would like to introduce myself and also make an apology to the forum members. My real name is Steve Lusted and I live in Mandurah Western Australia and started machining around 2005 in my workshop at home. My first and still my only lathe is a small made in China unit, no Dro’s and all manual. I then got hold a small mill and again no CNC or readouts. My First engine build was a Stirling engine as this is my main interest in models and went on to build more, I also built a small wobble engine powered by compressed air.
I later formed a small machining company here in Australia producing model engines with my Partner John, who already had a large machining workshop with all the manual and CNC machines, so I was in heaven.
And now for the apology…… I mistakenly put a link of our business up on the forum without reading the rules; I just noticed the links section and posted an advertisement of our website. I got rightfully flamed for it and would like to apologies for my error.
In return for my mistake, if anyone gets stuck with running there Stirling engine or need some advice, then please start a thread and if possible PM me. I am always happy to share, give and receive advice and tips to others, we never stop learning.
Kind regards
Steve

Hi Steve, and welcome.

Have you ever visited the Rockingham Jaycar Electronics store?
I used to manage that store a couple of years ago and had a brief chat with someone between customers about the little Stirling Jaycar sells, he mentioned he was designing and manufacturing Stirling engines.

Small world if it was you, freaky co-incidence if it was not! ;D

Edit: spelling, stIrling, not stErling... duh ::)

Hi Steve wEc1 to the board. I'm out in North Pinjarra, been there me whole life.

Brock

/// said:
Hi Steve, and welcome.

Have you ever visited the Rockingham Jaycar Electronics store?
I used to manage that store a couple of years ago and had a brief chat with someone between customers about the little Stirling Jaycar sells, he mentioned he was designing and manufacturing Stirling engines.

Small world if it was you, freaky co-incidence if it was not! ;D

Edit: spelling, stIrling, not stErling... duh ::)

Yes I go to Jaycars now and again, are you the very tall chap that has machines at home that I was talking to about Stirling models and starting our model business? I also think my business partner was also talking about us.

Do you still work for them?

All the best

Steve

ShedBoy said:
Hi Steve wEc1 to the board. I'm out in North Pinjarra, been there me whole life.

Brock
Hi ShedBoy,
WOW what a small world, first /// from Rockingham, now your just down the road from me in Mandurah. If you ever want to see our model engine, then PM or email me and I would be happy to show yah,

Kind regards,

Steve

smuttley said:
Yes I go to Jaycars now and again, are you the very tall chap that has machines at home that I was talking to about Stirling models and starting our model business? I also think my business partner was also talking about us.

Do you still work for them?

All the best

Steve

Yep, that would have been me.
No not there anymore, I left about a year ago.
I miss it sometimes.

Hi Steve and welcome. It seems that you have seen the error of your ways, corrected same and apologized. Well done, now lets move along. Glad to her from you and it seems that you have some other members not far away (is that even possible in OZ?) to keep you company.

Cheers.

BC1
Jim

bearcar1 said:
Hi Steve and welcome. It seems that you have seen the error of your ways, corrected same and apologized. Well done, now lets move along. Glad to her from you and it seems that you have some other members not far away (is that even possible in OZ?) to keep you company.

Cheers.

BC1
Jim
Have a look at West Oz on Google earth and you will notice that most of the population is concentrated on what I was taught as the pork chop of WA. The Darling Scarp Ranges sort of follow the coast just inland and it is like we can't be bothered venturing over it :big: WA stand for wait awhile :big: :big: we are a bit laid back.
Brock

Steve,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome to the forum Steve!!! wEc1

I am also mainly interested in Stirling engines and have a small collection of
bought ones, none in the price range of yours though... ;D

Still setting up my shop correctly before i try my hand at actually making one!

Will be picking your brain one day!!! :big:

Andrew

lazylathe said:

Andrew

Hi Lazylathe,

I would only be two happy to share how to build Stirling engines and the do’s and don’ts, you are welcome to email me or even better I will endeavour to post a how to on Stirling engines in the forum, so everyone can have a peek and join in.

I must point out, the only reason our engines are the price they are, is that unlike many models on the market they will run continuously without over heating and grinding to a halt, and weighs 1.6 kg and dwarfs many other machines on the market today. I am in the process of getting a picture taken that can show the actual size, all made in Australia. But enough of that here, please do not hesitate to ask any questions on Stirling build and how not to build um,

Kind regards,

Steve

PS I am not receiving email notification on replies, although I have pressed notify button, can anyone help?

smuttley said:
PS I am not receiving email notification on replies, although I have pressed notify button, can anyone help?

Did you change the notification settings in your profile from its default?:
Notify me of: "Moderation only if I started the topic"

/// said:
Did you change the notification settings in your profile from its default?:
Notify me of: "Moderation only if I started the topic"
All sorted, it was Firefox that was the problem, now using IE and all works fine,

lazylathe said:

Andrew

I have set up some tips and how to's to help others with Stirling builds, it maybe of use some day Andrew http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=16408.0, just drop me a line if I can help, and I know I will pick some tips up from this forum on machining and tricks,

Smuttley

Back