Steam powered boats at Lake Nockamixon

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill S

Reaction score
My son was visiting this weekend and we decided to go kayaking. When we pulled up to the boat ramp at Lake Nockamixon (Bucks County, Pa) we were greeted with this sight. A half dozen very nice steam powered boats. I know next to nothing about them, but they did look to be original vintage boats.

Bill

adelaide.JPG

adamy.JPG

engine.JPG

engine.JPG

That is an interesting boat, I would like to have seen it in person. Reminds me of that movie "The African Queen" one of my favorites

I like the one called Adamy III. Very nicely shaped and quite a pretty little steamer. Looks like it would be a very enjoyable day out in that one on a calm sunny day.

Thanks for the pics.

Dean

You right Gerald, a zoomed in view of the Adelaide interior shows a fiberglass hull, although I not sure if that is the case with the Adamy III. A lot of the details on it appear to be genuine. I could be wrong though.

Bill

Bill did you talk to any of the owners. I am wondering if Pete Renzetti was part of that group. When I saw him at Kinzers on Friday he said he was going out with the Steamboat on Saturday.
Tin

Back