Steam engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justin to start with we need to know a bit about you. Previous experience, machinery you have access to etc. as a first engine I would start with a Wobbler but other members may have better suggestions.

I posted this a while ago

Altoids turbine

if you want something a little more traditional and few more parts may I suggest a McCabe runner.
Tin

This is one of those times when an introduction would be very helpful.

We are more than happy to help you build an engine with your kids.
What tools do you have available what skills and experience do you have.
please post an introduction in the welcome sub fora.
Tin

Justin to start with we need to know a bit about you. Previous experience, machinery you have access to etc. as a first engine I would start with a Wobbler but other members may have better suggestions.

As far as experience I have none.Machinery wise I have none.Im just looking for some projects that are simple and none complex.My plan is to get a candle and a water bottle.Fill the bottle with water and take off the cap.Then put a balloon on the opening so it inflates from the steam.If you could even call it an engine lol.

The altoid tin can be made with few tools . a hat bushing can be purchased.
MY candy tin turbine and my clear version of the McCabe runner will both run on breath power.
Tin

Back