• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Stash of e-buzzcoil kits found

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahowell

Reaction score
Going through an old box of Dad's (Jerry Howell) stuff last week, I found 13 of the old buzzcoil ignition kits he used to offer. He was probably saving them for the dozen casting kits he never had a chance to put together. I'll keep three, so I have 10 to sell. These are now available from the web site for $35.

See:

http://www.model-engine-plans.com/partskits/ignitionsystems/transistors.htm#buzzcoil

UPDATE 11/19/13: I sold out of these the first day I offered them, so I decided to get a new PCB manufactured. The new kit is now available. It's easier to build, and includes wire terminal blocks.

I have built a number of these and they always worked great. The last 3 I did Jerry would only sell me the bare boards and I had to source the components on my own. He had discontinued them because I guess they were more trouble than they were worth. I think the biggest problem was unskilled hands trying to do the soldering and botching it up.

Tanks for the tip,
Dave

just did an order with you but adding the coil may of blown my budget . hope there is no probs with you shipping to australia ( first order )

johno

I have built a number of these and they always worked great. The last 3 I did Jerry would only sell me the bare boards and I had to source the components on my own. He had discontinued them because I guess they were more trouble than they were worth. I think the biggest problem was unskilled hands trying to do the soldering and botching it up.

Tanks for the tip,
Dave

I don't think Dad had many customer issues with them, he just grew weary of making the boards. Mom still talks about how he used the toxic chemicals in the kitchen sink to clean them, then he had to drill all those holes manually. He'd rather be working on a new engine rather than "assembly line" work.

Not a problem. We ship worldwide. Australia is our largest overseas customer!

Back