• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

sold - Myford Super-7B

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty Feldman

Reaction score
MYFORD SUPER-7B, For Sale
Screwcutting lathe with Myford QuickChange Gearbox and leadscrew micrometer handwheel. 220V 1-phase. 7” diameter swing over ways, power feed (longitudinal), back-geared with spindle speed range of 35 – 2500 rpm. OAL 3 ft 9 inches. $2750 US

For additional detail on this machine, see the following YouTube video:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKVX7GhSfG0"]Myford Super-7 Lathe - For Sale - YouTube[/ame]

Included items:

3-jaw Burnerd chuck with inside & outside jaws, and key
7” dia faceplate
4½” dia Driving (dog) plate with peg
MT2 dead center
Myford triangular toolpost clamp, with toolholders
Second toolpost: Myford 4-way toolpost for 5/16” sq. tool shanks
Tangential toolholder
Rear toolpost, for parting off and other operations
Myford vertical milling slide + mating Palmgren milling vise
Jacobs #34 tailstock chuck, 1/2” capacity, on MT2 shank, with key
Myford travelling steady
1 gal spindle oil (Mobil Velocite Oil #6, ISO 10)
1 gal lubricating oil (Mobil DTE Premium Circulating Oil, ISO 100)
1 oil can with way oil (Mobil Vactra #2 Way Oil, Medium)
Myford pump oiler
Spare drive belts
Can of original Myford machine paint, marked “Myford Grey R75703”
Myford operator’s manual, original, blue cover
Nexus Books, “Myford Series 7 Manual” by Ian Bradley, 232 pp.
Myford dust cover
Wooden blanking cover for cross-slide hole in boring table
Tools: pin wrench for headstock, 9/16” combination wrench, 3/8” square-hole
wrench, 1/4-3/16” Whitworth wrench.

-Marty-

Martin Feldman
Owl’s Head, Maine
email: [email protected]
telephone: 207-596-7266

IMG_1603.jpg

Marty,

What a beauty!! This won't last long.. shall I guess? Supposing most views won't hit until the weekend, I'd be really surprised if you still had it for sale on Monday!

Just one curious question.. why are you sellling such a lovely machine?

Regards,

Mike
Charlottesville, VA

I just sent you a PM I am interested in your lathe.

Don

very nice looking Myford....I paid a a bunch more for mine...but mine has power cross...

Lawrence

Wow! The price of Myfords has fallen through the floor in the UK. I couldn't get £1K for my S7B and it came with a four jaw & three jaw chucks, faceplate, George Thomas rear toolpost, bull wheel dividing set, an original Myford Dixon quick change tool post and holders, metric conversion set, level feed tail stock and tools full set of capstan collet chucks, cut off slides and turrets.

Sadly the truth is in the UK is I can get more for her by scrapping her than selling her :eek:. But she has been a wonderful old friend on which so many of my engines have been built. ` In the end I gave in trying to sell her and she is still in the corner until I can convince my sister to let my nephew have her ( he will be 8 on sunday, but it is ready waiting for him ). In the mean time she is the lathe that my apprentices" learn on. :D. Something that is priceless.

Jo

Back