Small Bronze Rods

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcmillin

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score

I am looking for a source for bronze rods smaller than 1/2". These bars a bit pricy to be making 1/4" bushings from. All I can find is 1/2" in 13" lengths. Are there any places that sell 3/8" or even 1/4".

Kel

McMaster Carr is showing diameters down to 3/16 depending on the alloy so you might check there.

Bill

A welding supply house might have what you seek in the form of a brazing rod. I have one that is 5/16" dia. I have absolutely no idea what alloy it is. I have used it to make a few bushings over the years. Otherwise, the usual places such as McMaster Carr or even Enco would be a good starting point.
BC1
Jim

You might also cut a disc off a larger bar of bearing bronze, cut a length out of the disc, and machine the piece to the needed diameter. You've probably considered this though.

Regards,

Chuck

Thanks For the suggestions guys. I must have missed the smaller stock at McMaster. I will also check out some welding supply stores.

Thanks again.

Kel

i have some small sizes of brass from a box of ebay junk what size and how much do you need?

Latest posts

Back