Shedboy's First Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShedBoy

Reaction score
Finished 3rd. I am going to make a vapour carb one day maybe. It gets hot quick.

Brock

Good going Brock nice to see it run. I did notice air bubbles in the fuel line every time it started. You may check it to see where they are coming from.

Don

So what's next Brock. I am already thinking of my next one after I finish the first one :big:.

Vince

Nice job! Hope you get your problem sorted...

Chuck

Good to see it run Brock, it'll get more consistent I'm sure, certainly sounds nice ;)

Glow motor next?

Regards - Ramon

Thanks everyone, at the moment I am just happy it runs sporadically. Because it has no cooling whatsoever it gets hot after about 30 seconds of running if I can get it to run that long.

Don, I am pretty sure the air bubbles are coming through the needle assembly, I think the gland packing needs some help. I will revisit it one day and make a vapour carb, they seem to be fool proof :) and try and put some cooling system on it, there is plenty of thickness in the cylinder for some radial turning and then fit a sleeve over it for some water.

Vince, I have started making some poppin engines.

Ramon, After these Poppin motors I am going to give a M&M piston valve a go.

Brock

Latest posts

Back