Seeking Stirling fan plans

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmuir

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I've been AWOL for some time now, mainly due to the fact I've picked myself up a couple of BSA motorcycles I've been restoring that have overtaken my workshop and left me no bench space for model building.

A few months ago I gave my dad my spare lathe, an old Sherline that was a bit rough.
He fixed it up and just finished building himself T e Haynes Hot air engine as he has always had an interest in Stirling engines.
He now wants to build a Stirling engine fan he can sit on his pot belly stove to blow warm air across the room, but I've been struggling to find him plans for this.
If anyone knows where I can buy a set of plans for one of these, or even better someplace I can download a free set can you let me know?

Thanks
Tony

The other option is the Moria plan set found in steam and Stirling book one by village press.
Tin

Thanks for that.
As the casting kits are out of stock I'll look into the book.
I can see though if me dad does decide to build it there will be many trips to my place to use my larger lathe and milling machine.

Latest posts

Back