"Rushforth" is a steamboat!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave

thats a First Class work

and I agree with WE a great project to give you enjoyment for many many years

cheers and well done eh

jack

Dave: That is one COOL boat!!!
I got to ride in a small steampowered boat back in the 1970's, it had a small cab which could be curtained off to keep warm while fishing in the cold weather, as I remember it had a "steepled"? steam engine. That was a great pleasure.
Really looks nice and will give many years of enjoyment I'm sure.
Good work.
don

Maryak said:
Dave,

Thanks for the great shots, and congratulations :bow:. I'll bet the feed pump issue is solved by the time you get this ;D

Could be a bit tropical meeting in the middle ::)

Best Regards
Bob

Hey Bob......Does the poem "The creamation of Sam McGee" strike a note ;D

Thanks for the comments guys.......much left to do but I see many hours next year running her with the family.

Dave

Just brilliant Dave :bow: fantastic achievement 8)

Many happy years sailing to come methinks.

CC

Fantastic work Dave! I admire your dedication and perseverance on such a large project.

OK, we've seen the pics...now we need some VIDEO. ;D

Sorry guys

My beloved wife dropped the video camera on the hearth.....won't focus now

NO video this year as I need to put antifreeze in her today

( Mid 20's F last night with a light bulb in her fire box)

Dave

steamer said:
Sorry guys

My beloved wife dropped the video camera on the hearth.....won't focus now

NO video this year as I need to put antifreeze in her today

( Mid 20's F last night with a light bulb in her fire box)

The first time I read this my mind didn't register the fact that "her" could refer to a boat/ship as well as a female. Made for some rather disturbing mental imagery. ??? ;D

The boat's version is Ethylene Glycol........Her version is Dubonnet....

Glad I could straighten that out for you Marv ;D

Dave

OK,

The boat is cleaned, the boiler is stripped down and filled with antifreeze and the engine and sundries are in my kitchen at the moment.....and she's covered ( the boat Marv)

Good thing....VERY cold this morning.....
Thanks for the comments guys!

Dave

What Dave has not said here is that he not only built all the parts, but he designed it all as well. He spent months agonizing over hull design issues, with dubious advice and encouragement from several others. It takes a lot of courage to build a boat from your own design. It is great relief to see it float, and then find it actually handles well to boot.

There is an old adage in the boating world, something like 'the two happiest days in a guys life are when he gets his boat and when he sells it' I just hit the other side, I mailed photos of my launch to the Cabin Fever Auction. The NORMAN D should have a new, hopefully happy, owner in January.

She's done!

P5250143-1.jpg

P5250141.jpg

P5250142.jpg

Still have to lag the feedwater heater...but....as conceived, she's done!

Dave

Go Dave Go and may you have a wonderful summer on your marvellous steam boat. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :big: :big: :big: :big: :big:

Best Regards
bob

Thanks guys!....Now I need to do a little business with the State of Massachusetts :p

...Need to title and register her.

Dave

Nice! REAL NICE!!!! :bow:

Best of luck with the State Stuff...

Rick

Latest posts

Back