Rotten day at my house

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe d

Reaction score
Hi all

I am extremely sad to relate that this evening I had to have my dog Max put down. He's been poorly lately, and today was no longer able to even move, let alone get up. I will miss him, he's been a great friend and companion for over 16 years.

Joe

Very sorry, Joe. Such a sad thing to loose a dog friend.
They are such a part of our lives. I know you'll miss him.

Best regards, and condolences.

Dean

That was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. Less than two years ago now.

A dog is one of the most unselfish friends you can have.

You did the right thing.

Joe,

My condolences on the loss of your unselfish friend.

Best Regards
Bob

I have a dog named Max too. He's a big yellow dog, getting old, hates bees and is getting around very slowly these days but still loves to follow me around the yard. When I stop for longer than 10 seconds, he lays down at my feet. His days are numbered now. I'll miss him a lot when it's time.

When he was a pup he was hit by a car and left in the street to die. A kind lady picked him up and took him to a vet. They operated on him and kept him there for a couple of months to recuperate and to search for a good home for him. We heard about him through our neighbor and gave him a nice home in the country with a companion dog. After 11 years the early injuries are starting to manifest and arthritis is setting in. He has had a wonderful life in the meantime in large part to my wife's constant attention and caring.

Dogs get a special place in your heart. I had to put my dog Trooper down 30 years ago and I still think of him.

Sorry for your loss, Joe.

-Trout

I am sorry Joe, It saddens me every time I hear such news. Losing such companionship is one of the hardest things to deal with in life. These are family members to be sure. I could only wish that there were more humans in the world that truly cared and were as attentive as canines are, they are indeed "Man's BEST friend" :(

BC1
Jim

Hi Joe
I can really identify with your feelings at this time having personally experienced it a couple of times over the years , I hope you have some photos as well as your memories to get you over this stressful time.
Kindest Regards,
Terry

joe d said:
Hi all

I am extremely sad to relate that this evening I had to have my dog Max put down. He's been poorly lately, and today was no longer able to even move, let alone get up. I will miss him, he's been a great friend and companion for over 16 years.

Joe
We lost our German Shepard waybach in 1985.Our poor daughter took a long time to get over Dickie's depature.
Today we still recall how we had to put up with Dickie biting up our sofa set.Our new neighbour called to give us a new set.We must have given her the wrong impression.
Gus

Joe

I'm sorry for your loss. I know that dogs feel emotions as we do and that Max felt the joy of your companionship as much as you.

Jerry

Thank you all for your kind words. Max was the fourth dog that I've had to say goodbye to since my childhood, and I can tell you it does not get any easier. I'm still in the "look for him" mode every time I enter a room, it will take a while for that to wear off.

There is complete agreement with SWMBO that there WILL be another dog in the family, a little further down the road when the loss of this one is not quite so fresh.

Thanks again for your sympathies.

Joe

i remember growing up with my mums dog and how things were towards the end crippled by arthritis in constant pain and looking constantly depressed in the end we both decided enough was enough and decided to have dolly put to sleep and i remember as she shut her eyes in her basket wich we took with us to the vet she looked at us as if she was thankfull that we had made that decision for her
i just wish and hope that when im that old frail and in pain someone will do the same for me
my sinceir condolences for your loss i still miss dolly even after 12 years the only thing that makes it easier is knowing we made the right choice for the right reasons and for the best
im sure your faithfull freind would thank you for it

john

joe d: "Max was the fourth dog that I've had to say goodbye to since my childhood, and I can tell you it does not get any easier."
Very true. We´ve had quite many dogs during the years, we atm have 3, and each and every dog we´ve had was a family member, with a distinct personality and traits. And it has always been miserable when one has come too old and poorly. Even though you know that it´s the right thing to do.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Been there too and each time is tough. After our lab had to be put down a year and a half ago we decided no more pets for a while. And now a stray cat has now adopted us...

Joe, as a soft touch where puppies are concerned I share your pain.

over the last 20 years I have had a couple of 'mates' of the four legged kind... their lives are so short that we are destined for pain at some point. Ive only had to make THAT decision once, the other two left us by accidents. Its hard but I am certain that it was what was best for your little mate.

I find it was easier to remember the fun times than dwell on the loss.

Rob

Latest posts

Back