Reico Uniflow - Engine #2 - Steam model kits

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sideshaft

Reaction score
I recently aquired the complete collection of Reico Model Engines. These engines were first producted in Grafton, Ohio from 1965 until the early 1980's. I have posted some images of the engines, a Uni-flow model weighing about 40 pounds and the #2 engine on engineads - Steam models. I have all the patterns, original prototype models, spare parts and detailed drawings for these kits. I'm interested in knowing if there is enough interest out there to produce some new castings for my modeling friends.

Please email me at [email protected] with your comments or interest.

Thanks!

Mark Meincke

I had a look at the pictures of the castings, very nice quality and a good looking engine. I think
there would be a fair amount of interest. Looks like something I'd like to build anyway.

I lived in the neighboring town of Brunswick at that time. I met Mr. Reisinger at an old engine show and visited his shop several times. I bought a set of castings for a boiler hand pump which I still have. His castings were very good quality as I remember.
I would think there would always be an interest in good quality castings especially for something new.
gbritnell

Thanks for all the input. One modeler thought that a cast iron base would be a better choice? The original was aluminum. Might anyone have a foundry option for me in northern Ohio? I'm thinking of casting maybe 20 kits to to start?

Yes - Norm Reisinger owned and operated Reico Products. I have attached a photo of Norm. I'm planning a blog page on this entire story from finding the remains of his business to the pieces parts I obtained - however this will all take some time.

Norm Reisinger 2.jpg

Latest posts

Back