R-14 Help

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgarrett

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ernie, I have a question about drawing a line in degrees. I can do pretty well with 2-D stuff and I had to reload about 6 months ago and if I remember correctly in the status bar where it shows your x,y position it used to show degrees also. I have not been able to get that back. If I need to draw a line a certain degree now I have to guess at it , dimention it and then make corrections to get it right. I am pretty sure it is a setting but I cannot find it. Can you help me out on this???
Thanks,
Julian

Drawing a line at any angle is easy:

Enter the line command, then select the start point of the line, then follow this as an example: @2<45

This means from the last point (@) draw a line 2 long at an angle (<) of 45 degrees. Note the degrees are always measured from the horizontal (0). Hope this helps.

Ernie, Thanks, for the reminder. I guess I am already doing that. I do that all of time. Have not had to draw any angles in a long time( other than 0,90,180,270) so just forgot I could draw anything in between DUH!!! I guess I was just looking for the angle in the status bar.
Thanks,
Julian

Latest posts

Back