pictures of My expense account (shop)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canadianhorsepower

Reaction score
hi guys here are some pics of my heven on earth:fan:

DSCF1001.jpg

DSCF1002.jpg

DSCF1004.jpg

DSCF1006.jpg

DSCF1014.jpg

DSCF1021.jpg

DSCF1030.jpg

DSCF1031.jpg

DSCF1037.jpg

DSCF1038.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Luc , great looking place to work, really like the stainless wall rack and all the shop organization.Cant figure out what the e-stop is for in front of the Taig? lathe.Also i've never seen an F1 compacted so well to fit a shelf,not sure i could bring myself to cut my chip pans off but it looks like it works in that situation, any problems hooking the monitor up to the control,did it plug and play in the vga port?,Kev

umm... oops...of course the e-stop is to turn the lathe off ,i just realized you've built a custom enclosure for the lathe....really nice

Hi Luc , great looking place to work, really like the stainless wall rack and all the shop organization.Cant figure out what the e-stop is for in front of the Taig? lathe.Also i've never seen an F1 compacted so well to fit a shelf,not sure i could bring myself to cut my chip pans off but it looks like it works in that situation, any problems hooking the monitor up to the control,did it plug and play in the vga port?,Kev

umm... oops...of course the e-stop is to turn the lathe off ,i just realized you've built a custom enclosure for the lathe....really nice
Thanks for the input,
yes the monitor ( TV with RCA video input) work as a plug and play
I did cut the chipt tray but I made a one piece clear acrylic that I put in front when using it
you probably notice that I dont have any work bench everything is mounted on tool boxes with the attachement in the drawer
like my Taig

Using tool boxes that way is a wonderful idea. Thanks for showing your neat and well organised shop. No way I could post photos of mine. Not now, anyway.

Jim

Nice operation you have there! It also appears that you work on things that operate on the magic smoke principle.

Dave

Magic smoke, the stuff that makes electrical stuff work, that you don't want to let out.
Nice shop blows my dungeon away.....

Nice operation you have there! It also appears that you work on things that operate on the magic smoke principle.

Dave
HA HA HA now that I understand the " MAGIC SMOKE PRINCIPAL" I agree this is what I teach (part of it) but in my class I call it "THE CALCULATOR SMOKE" if you didnt do
the math you can SMOKE anything even a diamond cutting tool.
It's sad cause I did put some text explaining every picture's description and they are not there

oooohhhhhhhhh maybe some MAGIC SMOKE PRINCIPAL happen when I did it lol

I think the "magic smoke" principal is in reference to the electronics tools. Electronics works on "magic" until you let the "smoke" out.

Great looking shop!
Dennis

Nice shop Luc.
I'm envious of your organization skills.
Come on down to Brockville when you have some spare time to get mine in shape.

Cheers
Wayne

Back