PaulG's Home Shop

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulG

Reaction score
Hello All, Well here are a few pic's of of my shop. I am currently rebuilding the Clausing 5914, vari-drive is all done, new bearings, clutch & brake. The South Bend 10k I pulled out of a scrap pile, I now have all parts needed. The Van Norman #12 is down for paint and two power feed gears. I am also rebuilding a 1960 snowcat, so it's parts scattered around also. The shop is 22'x32'.

I must admit, I did run the broom around and pick up, found some things I'd been looking for too. ???

Paul

DSC02708.jpg

I try to maintain an open center for vehicle or equipment repair.

DSC02699.jpg

Clausing MK3a 12x36

DSC02701.jpg

Rockwell H/V, nice little mill, stock spindle speed up to 6200, with VFD 7k.

DSC02702.jpg

Stuff.

DSC02703.jpg

South Bend 10K

DSC02704.jpg

Stuff

DSC02698.jpg

1960 Simca P60 all rebuilt for snowcat.

DSC02705.jpg

and more Stuff.

DSC02706.jpg

Yup, old drag racer & high powerrocket

DSC02707.jpg

Van Norman #12. I have another one outside waiting to come in.

Very nice tour Paul. We had a lot of those blue roller drawer cabinets in our shop. They were great but way out of reach unless you can pick one up used somewhere. The spindle speed on your mill is great for using small mills and drills. I can only get about 3000 out of mine. I take it from your explanation that the shop is part of your garage?
gbritnell

Beautifully equipped shop Paul!

I can't think of anything that is missing there.

Rick

Nope, appears nothing is missing. Nice shop.

Possibly Sasquatch's presence over the wood stove keeps the "sticky fingers" at bay too!

Kevin

I am drooling Thm: that is a nice shop there and well lighted too. :bow:

Hi Paul
Great looking shop you got there, somewhat better than my
6'' x 12'' shop lol
boy i envy you. I'd like to See a few more pics of the 1960 snowcat

Ken

Paul,

Now all I have to do is sell the car, get divorced, pay the alimony and with whats left put my shop in the garage. :p

Seriously, a great shop, congratulations - I'm envious.

Best Regards
Bob

Five of the "old-timer" model engineer/live steamers in my area bought Rockwell mills new in the 1960s. Two were H/Vs and three were Vs. All of those eventually came up for sale and I missed out on all of them and I never found another one in decent shape for a fair price. Those are very nice little mills for live steam work.

;D The first thing I noticed was the "Columbia" sticker on the table in the first picture. Nice shop. I'm a long ways away from having that nice of a shop.

Latest posts

Back