Past member back in the forum

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GKNIPP

Reaction score
Hello all, my name is Greg Knipp I am glad to be back after a short absence from life so-to-speak. I originally joined this group under the username JRNYMAN2LMAYKER back in 2009 and since that time I have had to attend to lifes demanding issues and some health problems. I am happy to say things are going relatively well and I now have a strong desire to return to the hobby and try to enjoy life. Furthermore, since the reconstruction of the HMEM site I was unable to re-open my account under my original username and password for some reason, but hey, I am back.

Enough about my past and time to re-introduce myself. I am a journeyman toolmaker by trade with approx. 20 years experience. I am happily married and have 2 lovely daughters who have blessed us with 7 sweet grandchildren with #8 on the way. Needless to say my time is quite occupied spoiling my grandchildren and spending time with them but I wouldn't trade the world for that.

Aside from spending time with my grandchildren I try to find time to build and fly radio controlled model airplanes, play the drums in my hometown community band and college wind ensemble and build model engines. My particular interest lies in the hit-n-miss type engines, however, steam and stirling engines are terriffic as well.

I am looking forward to the opportunity to share my knowledge, help and ideas with any and all on this forum as much as I look forward to being educated and inspired by the many great craftsmen throughout HMEM as well. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of the forum.

Have a great day!!!

Greg Knipp

Hi Greg, although i'm a newish member myself, welcome back! And it's always good to see someone in a happier place after trials and tribulations!

cheers, Ian

Greg, Hi, giad to see you back, Best of luck to you. larry1

Thanks a million gentleman. It is appreciated very much.

Greg

Welcome Greg! I knew your name sounded familiar, but didn't place it until you mentioned RC.

Thayer Syme

Welcome Greg, I look forward to following your exploits.

Jim

Latest posts

Back