Old Steam Trains

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBWHART

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
From time to time we visit Foxfeild steam preservation society in Stafordshire (Stoke) I have an old work friend who owns a couple of Loco's that he keeps stabled there, were talking full sized jobs, so I though I'd show you a few pics of locos thay had in steam.

IMG_2907.jpg

IMG_2906.jpg

Sorry put the pics don't show the full loco but it was the valve gear I was interested in.

This is when and where the loc was built.

IMG_2914.jpg

The next set of pics is of my freinds loco its a Dubs Crane Tank its the only one of its kind in the world still working, this is only the second time he has had it in steam after spending 9 years renovating it.

IMG_2909.jpg

My freind is the one in the flat cap.

IMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2912.jpg

This is it going up bonk

IMG_2910.jpg

IMG_2913.jpg

I did a bit of maching for him for it and my good wife painted the wheels

I'm particularly fasinated by how the crane jyb works its quite simple realy it has two small twin cylinder steam engines one slews the jyb via a worm and wheel, the other that powers the hoist is in the middle of the jyb and rotates with it and as an intersting steam coupling (think about it), next time I'm there I'll take some pics of the set up.

I recon it would a real interesting engine to model

Enjoy

Stew

Latest posts

Back