nother Aussie

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghosty

Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Hi All,
Found this site from another I was looking for info on. I have a Sieg SC3 lathe and the SX2 mill. I make mostly stuff for RC boats that I am into.
Done a Fitter & Machinest apprentiship back in the 70's.
Both machines have worked very well for the last two years, and now are going to be upgraded with tapered bearings.

Cheers

Well, G 'day. Welcome! Seems like you did your apprentice time like me, but I was a Diesel Mechanic. Now retired, and making chips, and scrap!

TC

Well, G 'day. Welcome! Seems like you did your apprentice time like me, but I was a Diesel Mechanic. Now retired, and making chips, and scrap!

TC

Thank all,
TC, I also done a Boiler watch keepers cert, and auto mechanic, retired in 99, now make parts for my boats, have also done a lot of bronze/brass bushes for vintage engine for friends.
Latest boat, engine dogs & bone from S/S, shaft tubes(brass0 Shaft tube holder and cooling manifold(alloy)

51.jpg

52.jpg

G'day ghosty. I have exactly the same equipment as you and I'm in nsw! We aren't the same person by any chance?

G'day ghosty. I have exactly the same equipment as you and I'm in nsw! We aren't the same person by any chance?
Some people, I don't think so.
I have started a taper bearing upgrade on the mill,(waiting on the bearings to arrive:(), will be doing the lathe after the mill, will need the lathe to make bearing instillation tools.

Cheers

Ofcourse we aren't the same person.... though my name is also Andrew. But I'm still about 30 years away from retirement.

Thanks for posting the tutorials on updating the bearings on the lathe and mill. This is something I've wanted to do to mine for a long time.

Parksy, no problems, have seen video of the lathe but no one had done the mill.
Nephew just dropped of my RC TX case after dipping, just put the clear on.

Cheers

77.jpg

That looks sweet!!

Back