Newby from Indiana

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

series60

Reaction score
Hello all glad to be here. I am a diesel tech by trade. I have always been a small engine nut. I build go-kart race engines and tinker with all kinds of air cooled engines. want to try my hand at model engines. I have an old sears lathe that is tight and works good. Anybody know of any model engine clubs in central Indiana.

Thanks Brian

Hey, another Hoosier Brian :) Greetings form Terre Haute!

I don't know if there is a club, but there was another gent named Tim from the Indy area that has been logging an Upshur engine build of his. There was another guy from up north that introduced himself a couple of weeks ago.

Do you have a model engine project in mind yet?

There are a few clubs scattered around the USA . Some of us are fortunate enough to be close to one.

I have checked the lists I am aware of and do not know of any in the Indianapolis area or central Indiana.
A a few of the guys in the Philadelphia area meet once in a while at shows or for a cuppa or a meal. But no real club. if you can connect with some local folks that may work for you.
Welcome to the forum.
do you have the crafsman atlas or the dunlap?
Tin

I have a wobbler in mind. start off slow. I plan to build a boiler for it too. I believe the craftsman to be an atlas. it has been a good machine.for the things I have done for the bigger engines. blueprinting valves and seats. making lifters and what not. I have even cut an extra ring land in a piston with it too..

Welcome to bad were so far away I am up north in Portage IN ....I have not been successful in finding a machining club where i Live :confused:

Lawrence

Back