New tool post for my lathe

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larsinist

Reaction score
I need to purchase a new tool post to my lathe, but what can i use??
my lathe is called cj9525
the mounting bolt is 20mm at the bottom.what more do you need for seeing if i can use a universal toolpost??

Lars

toolpost.jpg

Hello Lars,

Have a look at this link.

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/showthread.php?t=22047&page=4
post 34 on.

I adopted this solution for my Myford lathe. All the materials came from the scrap yard or scrap bin. If I recall the only things that I had to buy new were the cap screws. I used a hex key instead of the spanner.

HTH.

Thanks for answer, but i dont have a mill, but i looks great, i got some more understanding of the part, now, but i need to find one i can purchase, if there are any that fit my lathe

Lars

Hi Lars, do you have another photo of the whole lathe?
I've tried searching for the model number you gave but not got much info from google.
From the photo above it looks very similar to a Sieg C4 or SC4 but not identical. The compound slide is different and the cross-slide, tho slotted like the C4's is also slightly different.

I mention the Sieg C4 because littlemachineshop has a QCTP and adaptors available for these, which may possibly fit your machine.

OK, not even close to a C4!
After a bit more google image sloothing, it appears to be the same cross-feedand compound as the Chester DB10G, for which Chester have a QCTP available. I'm still trying to find if there's another same rebadged machine.

Does this look familiar?
DB10G_stand.JPG

OK, not even close to a C4!
After a bit more google image sloothing, it appears to be the same cross-feedand compound as the Chester DB10G, for which Chester have a QCTP available. I'm still trying to find if there's another same rebadged machine.

Does this look familiar?
DB10G_stand.JPG

Thank you for help, i look almost like that one, i can measure all the parts if it helps, my machine is called cj9525 se picture,and again thanks for super help

cj9525.jpg

Hi Lars,

If you really wanted, you could make it on the lathe ! :):):)

Just imagine that the headstock is at the top like it would be if it were a proper mill. Put the cutter in the chuck and the work on the crosslide. All the holes and boring can be done in the four jaw. The hard bit would be the slots to close up the dovetail. I cut mine with a hacksaw ! Two blades side by side. Hard work but it works for me. :):):)

DSCF0004.jpg

Last edited:
looks great
Good Job

Dave
Hi Lars,

If you really wanted, you could make it on the lathe ! :):):)

Just imagine that the headstock is at the top like it would be if it were a proper mill. Put the cutter in the chuck and the work on the crosslide. All the holes and boring can be done in the four jaw. The hard bit would be the slots to close up the dovetail. I cut mine with a hacksaw ! Two blades side by side. Hard work but it works for me. :):):)

View attachment 73342

i look almost like that one, i can measure all the parts if it helps, my machine is called cj9525 se picture,and again thanks for super help
As I said previously, a search for this model number comes up with almost zero information.
It looks almost identical to the Chester lathe, and also the 'CQ6125' type lathe, just minus the gearbox.

I suspect a toolpost for any of the 10" x 22" (250x550mm) clones would be a good fit Thm:

Back