new to the forum and machining

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wesm1957

Reaction score
Hello,
I found this forum at John-Tom Home. I bought a Sherline lathe and mill about a year ago at a hobby shop where I work part time. I wish I would have gotten into this many years ago. I have started project machining a rotary valve steam engine. I go the plans at John-Tom. I thought it best to start something from scratch before I start on the casting kit I bought. I haven't had much time to work on anything lately since I just moved and don't have everything unpacked yet. I am a heavy duty truck mechanic by trade. I have made a few tools to use in my trade, but have to refine them a bit. I will post some pictures of my work so far on the steam engine.

Wes

Welcome Wes. If you're younger than 60 you got into machining before I did. ;)
Looking forward to see some of the work you've done,

Cheers,
Phil

Wes,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome Wes.You'll find this a great hobby,and this forum is the best there is.Enjoy. :)

A warm welcome to you Wes, I look forward to seeing your progress as I too am a machining newbie.

Tim

howdy hey and welcome home.
ya lets see those pics. this is a great forum to be at.

Welcome and this is the place to be for all model engineers but particularly novice engineers. Look forward to seeing your work but the main thing is to remember to ask if you have a question. Someone will be able to help. Metal Mickey

Welcome Wes to the best forum for steam, don't be afraid
to ask ?s they are so very patient here.
BR
PS Usual disclaimer about the bloke in Hawaii. :D

Welcome Wes from another Sherline owner. Nice machine. :)

I've started a Coke Bottle engine from PM Research. It's the cast bronze one.

Bernd

baldrocker said:
PS Usual disclaimer about the bloke in Hawaii. :D

The FLUFFY BUNNY farmer? - He's 'armless unless you are rash enough to wake 'im up!

Welcome Wes.

Latest posts

Back