New Steam Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paolo

Reaction score
Hi All...
Today...the first cut of my new project!!! Cylinders and plate...After a very long and annoying job I finished the CAD drawings 1:1 scale of the two Model compound Condensing Steam Engine as All of you well known. The job wasn't so easy because of To combine the mathematicians results of conversion, from inches to millimetres, and satisfying matching between the components of the Engines was a strong goal...but!!!! I'm intend to scale down the engine for matching the materials owned and maintaining the engine dimensions more acceptable for my house shelf....
DSC02635.jpg

and...
DSC02634.jpg

Some times ago I had a proposal for a cooperation on this job but unfortunately the friend who did it disappeared...

Paolo, great to see you starting another engine ;D
I'm firmly stuck in the spectators' seats!

Kind regards, Arnold

Hi Arnold....
Thanks...The show must go on..... :big:
Best regards
Paolo

It sounds like you have the hard part done, with all the conversions. ;D
Good start of things, Paolo!

Dean

Hi Dean..
Thanks...Infact believe me...was a really boring job!!! Fortunatelly it has been done...now the pleasure of running machines...
Best regards

another step....covers almost done...
DSC02652.jpg

the other side..
DSC02651.jpg

Hi Paolo,

Nice looking covers.

I did a quick search on condensing steam engines but I have no idea what particular model you are building. Any chance you can post a link or pic of the model?

Thanks!

:D :D :D Hi zeeprogrammer
..Yes....I'll post more information...What I can say now is that My project will be a mix between two models...One Key for the mystery solution is the world "Axle"... :big: :big: :big:
Best regards

Lover covers almost done...Are a cast?
DSC02688.jpg

What you mean?
Regards.

OK no answers...No they are made by five pieces silver soldered together as You can see....
DSC02662-1.jpg

DSC02661.jpg

The processus for making the gland
DSC02664.jpg

DSC02666-1.jpg

DSC02663.jpg

silver soldered
DSC02679.jpg

just pikled
DSC02678.jpg

a litle touch up by lathe
DSC02680.jpg

for simulate the casting I use my dremell in that manner...
DSC02684.jpg

DSC02685.jpg

Paolo,

Nice job to build them up from individual pieces. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

They look really good, Paolo. Thanks for showing us your methods!
Adding the cast look to the pieces will show up nicely on the engine assembly.

Dean

Nice work Paolo. Your work on the soldering is impressive. :bow:

Cheers,
Phil

hi Paolo
nice to see you at work again, I'll follow your bild to see how this 'mixed' engine could be
well start btw!!!

Thanks to ALL my supporters...I learned a lot on silver soldering technique doing my last boiler as a lot of you remember!!!!
Best regards
Paolo

Latest posts

Back