• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

"New"? site from Amazon.. www.amazonsupply.com

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TroyO

Reaction score
At least, I hadn't seen it before and it says beta.....

http://www.amazonsupply.com/

It seems to be similar-ish to McMaster or Grainger.

Worth a look. I posted here as it's commercial even though I'm not selling anything.

Thanks for the link. I went and checked it against my other sources, and here's what I see (materials I recently bought):

1. 1" C360 Brass round, 12" long: $36+ from amazonsupply, $26+ from speedymetals
2. 1/4"-20 knurled brass screw $8+ from amazonsupply, $4 from McMasterCarr

So they look a little more expensive than even McC. I'll keep them in my list of possible sources, though, just in case. And keep checking them whenever I need something.

It being Amazon I would think as they spin up to full speed it will get better.... especially if they leverage their shipping abilities.

It could be interesting. Free 2 day Amazon Prime shipping on that 15 Lb cast iron bar? Schawing!

One of my big pet peeves is when you buy something and they won't tell you shipping until after the fact. (IE, McC although I haven't purchased from them in years... guess why? LOL.)

Next up is when you get a $2 item and a $10 shipping bill...

But, all that is "What if" since I think it's still developing... we'll see.

Back