New monitor settings

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbritnell

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I have an old computer in my shop for doing my calculations and CAD drawings. The CRT was getting long in the tooth although it was still working fine. I wanted to upgrade to an LCD monitor so I picked up an Acer X203H unit. These days when you go shopping for a monitor it seems like they are all widescreen format as is this one. I plugged it into my old computer and it came up fine but the widescreen format has everything distorted. I went to my control panel>display>settings screen and started changing the resolutions with the ones that are available. No matter which one I selected I couldn't get my AutoCad drawings to come out proportional, squares are rectangles and circles are ovals. Is there something else I can do to 'square' things up?
I really don't want to go back to the hulking CRT but it's tough to work with distorted images.
Help!!!
gbritnell

There should be a "menu" button on the monitor.

The format settings should be there.

Rick

George,

You need to set the resolution to 1440 x 900 pixels and make sure that the monitor is in analog mode.

Hope this helps

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back