new lathe and mill

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jixxerbill

Reaction score
I currently have a 3 in 1 machine 7x20 i think it is. So far it has done most of what i needed, but.. the cross slide has never gone into gear without stripping the gears so i use it manually.. It has way to much slop in the head to get much accuracy. And i really just dont like the mill hanging over the lathe.. That being said im looking for input before buying a lathe AND a mill machine... I know everyone has there favorites but there has to be a common manufacturer that maybe the majority will agree on !? Im not asking for specific lathes and milling machines , rather manufacturers then i could pick out the size machines i need/want... Thanks in advance...Bill

Hi Bill, i have recently bought a sieg lathe 7 x 16 i am currently running a diary on this site under bazmak
I am also thinking of getting the sieg Sx2 mill. I am very happy with the lathe and enjoying tweaking/mods
Sieg is the only manufacturer(china),build quality is good and it sells under many different names,depending where you live
I personally have always had second hand Myfords but they are pricey.It depends on what your limitations are
ie size and price Regards Barry

Back