New Guy Here

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockytime

Reaction score
I just discovered this site from a Sherline site. I have been a model machinist for quite a few years. However, I am by no means a machine expert. I have a small machine shop in my garage as well as a well equipped clock repair shop in my basement consisting of watchmaker lathes, Sherline mill and lathe and a MaxiMat7 lathe along with misc. equipment.
Les

Welcome to the forum Les. Its a great place to learn and share your own experiences too.

Bill

Edit: Nice website Les, and some seriously great looking shop space and machines too.

Welcome to the forum Les.
You say you've been "a model machinist for quite a few years"...would love to see some pics of your work and shop!

Les,

Welcome aboard.
wEc1

We would love to see pictures of your projects.
th_wwp

SAM

Les,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome to the board. Not to many experts here we are all still learing from each other.
Tin

Welcome Les Noticed your from Denver I live in Southeastern Co. ( Pueblo ) I also along with my wife ran a Clock repair business hear in Pueblo for about ten years until health problems forced me to retire. Cliff

Cliff said:
Welcome Les Noticed your from Denver I live in Southeastern Co. ( Pueblo ) I also along with my wife ran a Clock repair business hear in Pueblo for about ten years until health problems forced me to retire. Cliff

Hi Cliff, Nice town Pueblo. Been through there several times. Should I get down your way I'll give a holler. I'm old but still kicking.

Les,
Welcome to HMEM. It's a great place.
Dennis

P.S. Notice you have a Maximat 7. I just bought one this morning. Not sure when I'll get it up and running though.

From one new guy to another, Welcome larry1

P.S. Notice you have a Maximat 7. I just bought one this morning. Not sure when I'll get it up and running though.
[/quote]

Hi Dennis,
I have had my MaxiMat7 for quite a few years. I love it. It has great repeatability. It would probably be the last machine of mine to go should I ever have to divest my equipment. They are quite hard to find on the used market. At least I seldom see one for sale. I hope it serves you as well as mine has served me.
Les

Les, a belated Welcome to HMEM.

After a little trouble finding my way to your website, I had to change the .xom to .com, I have spent a couple of days checking it out. I really liked your record of your build of the Octura Models steam engine. With your attention to detail, I'm sure it runs like a clock. Nice to see a casting kit from the 50's assembled so beautifully.

Thank you for taking us along for a visit to the W.M.S.T.R. gathering in Rollag, MI. That is one I hadn't heard of before and is now on my list of places to visit.

The equipment in your two shops and the examples of your work show that you can offer plenty of guidence to the rest of us and that you definitely fit right in here at HMEM.

Glad to have you aboard.

Back