New bandsaw

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnalot

Project of the Month Winner !!!
Reaction score
Hi

I have the small Harbor freight metal cutting band saw and have been struggling with it for the past 15 years. P-Crap.

I have wanted a new larger saw but have been unwilling to pay the price. Last month I visited a warehouse selling items damaged in shipment. I found a Jet Model HVBS-7MW for $800 ( 7 inch saw, weight 290 Lbs, ¾” blade ). The crate was damaged but there was no damage to the saw so I bought it. Without any setup it cut straight and square. The log in the photo is a 3” diameter 12L14 “leaded steel rod. It takes 2.5 minutes to cut off a slice. The saw works vertical and horizontal. I’m giving this saw two thumbs up.

Mark T

new saw.jpg

sample pucks.jpg

Very nice! I'm soon to be in the market for a similar saw and will be checking that one out.
Thanks!
Todd.

I must be living right. I got a HF 4X6 and got all the alignment posts about it. Decided to try it before I got all involved. 1st cut; wood 2X4. Dead true. 2nd cut; 1/2 x 2" alu. Dead on cut both ways. 3rd cut 4" hex alu ; Dead true again. I hear that's unusual but that's what I got. Just my .02

I must be living right. I got a HF 4X6 and got all the alignment posts about it. Decided to try it before I got all involved. 1st cut; wood 2X4. Dead true. 2nd cut; 1/2 x 2" alu. Dead on cut both ways. 3rd cut 4" hex alu ; Dead true again. I hear that's unusual but that's what I got. Just my .02

I bought a Grizzly and beyond a belt change and vise alignment have done little with it adjustment wise cuts great. That is pretty impressive considering my mixed experience with Grizzly and the tools they sell. It seems the exceptions to the rule get more play than they should.

That's a nice saw Mark.

Enco is doing free truck shipping this month so I'm really thinking about getting the small bandsaw they sell that's similar to the grizzly/HF models. Of course buying a good blade and reinforcing the base as well.

Back