NEMES show (Vermont) air supply question

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmartine1

Reaction score
Hello, does anybody know what type of connection is available for compressed air in stands?

I am planning to have steam engines on display running on air but am wandering what type of hose and connector to bring in order to hook up to the main line.

If one could get me details, it would be great.

Thanks

I believe NAMES supplies a ball valve with a 1/4 inch pipe thread in it. You will need to screw something into the valve and go from there. I would recommend a filter and drier to keep moisture and rust dust out of your engine. The supplied pressure is 50 Lbs so if you need less pressure, add a regulator to the mix.

I am a bit confused by the question. The NEMES show is in February in Waltham MASS. The American Precision Musem show is in vermont in a couple of weeks. But to answer your question the normal hookup I have seen at most shows is 1/4 NPT female fittings on pipes or hoses. The line pressure tends to vary from show to show and somtimes hour to hour depending on the demand placed by other exhibitors and the capacity of the show compressor.
Tin

The Vermont show is not really a NEMES show, although many of the exhibitors are from NEMES. The show is organized by the American Precision Museum.

They do have air, but I dont recall the fittings used.

Im going to miss it this year, Ill be driving home from a CNC visit that weekend.

It is a small show, very few vendors, but it is a good chance to talk with the other model makers.

Hello all, thanks for the quick answers.

Sorry for the confusion I introduced :(

In fact, this show is indeed held by the American Precision Museum. I thought it was sponsored by NEMES since this is part of their agenda of coming events and they advertised it in the past.

Cheers

All ggod don. As ron said NEMES only has one show but they do support several others by setting up displays Cabin Fever included.
again 1/4 NPT seems to be the common fitting .
It is used at NEMES NAMES CF And Rough & Tumble.
Tin

Back