Need manual and shipping/packing advice for a ValuMaster 6"x12" surface grinder

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sleazey

Reaction score
I have purchased a 5 year old manual surface grinder from a retired hobby machinist. I will be picking it up the weekend of 2010/07/10. Unfortunately, he no longer has the manual.

So, if anybody has a manual they can scan and email, or hardcopy they can sell, let me know. I definitely need information about the following before I go fetch the machine next weekend.

First of all, I need any tips and pointers about how to pack this machine for shipping. I am picking it up myself, and it will face about a 600 mile road trip to get it home. So I need to know how to protect the 36 ball bearing ways, since they must be protected from bumps and uncontrolled motion.

Also, is there some way to lock down the table, and the head assembly for travel?

Anything else I need to watch out for, be careful of, don't forget to..., make sure of, etc.

I will be posting this request on other forums, since I need information as quick as I can get it.

Whoops, I forgot to include the current MSC model number 09517970. I have already emailed MSC and Enco both to see if they can provide/sell a manual.

If it has ball or roller ways be sure to remove the table or at least block it up off of the rollers. If this isn't done the bouncing and vibration during the trip can damage the ways.

Dave

Back