N.A.M.E.S. Expo 2019

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTsideshow

Reaction score
Another one in the history books was a great show and attendees looked to be enjoying themselves for the weekend.
THIS FLYER HAS THE CORRECT DATES FOR THE 2019 EXPO
40779376295_bb63f52242_z.jpg

40799211892_e735002718_z.jpg

The section that has been closed for about two years is open in theory, I don't drive it so I have no idea. There has been problems that have resulted in I-75 north bound being closed off and on above 8 mile road due to a cascading number of pot holes and canyons. Here is the link for the roads in Michigan after it opens just click on the cone icon.
https://mdotjboss.state.mi.us/MiDrive/map?reset=true

well the rebuild on I75 will be starting and be finished around Thanksgiving lanes will be reduced both directions. It runs from 12 mile to just south of M-59 Ramps will also be closed. https://mdotjboss.state.mi.us/MiDrive/map?reset=true Hit the cone icon upper left corner of the map for the spring time blossoming of the cone flowers.

Another construction update, They have started closing I-94 in both directions, on the week ends in assorted locations For bridge removal and replacement.
https://mdotjboss.state.mi.us/MiDrive/map?reset=true Click on the cone icon upper left corner. They also have ramp closures. the closures will be going on All spring and summer

Set up starts this week for the show, see you this week end.Anybody coming check the MDOT web site for construction info as they are closing assorted sections over the weekends on I-94 and reduced lanes on I-765 both directions.

Last edited:
Hi Guys:
I'm coming from Canada across the Bridge and DOWN I-75. Can you tell me if the I-75 south off the bridge is open now. It wasn't last year (or the year before) and it was a major pain. I need to go as far South as Northline road. From the map link it looks like Southbound I-75 might be ok now but now northbound has problems. So going home might be a problem.
Local knowledge would be very helpful.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Guys:
I'm coming from Canada across the Bridge and DOWN I-75. Can you tell me if the I-75 south off the bridge is open now. It wasn't last year (or the year before) and it was a major pain. I need to go as far South as Northline road. From the map link it looks like Southbound I-75 might be ok now but now northbound has problems. So going home might be a problem.

Thanks
Check out the MDOT map The cone top left corner for current construction. I-94 will have closures on the weekend in Detroit for bridge removals. I-696 has lane closures both directions in spots between I-94 and I-75 I-75 has lane closures between about 15 mile and I-696 It shouldn't be to bad on the weekend.

Check out the MDOT map The cone top left corner for current construction. I-94 will have closures on the weekend in Detroit for bridge removals. I-696 has lane closures both directions in spots between I-94 and I-75 I-75 has lane closures between about 15 mile and I-696 It shouldn't be to bad on the weekend.
OK. Thanks. As far as I can see right now on the map it appears open. No big deal really I'll take what comes up.

They close I-94 on Friday night to Monday mornings. For bridge removalvso be aware if you go that way

Hi Guys:

Thanks
Are you entering the USA at Port Huron or the Windsor/Detroit Tunnel or the Ambassador Bridge?

Windsor / Detroit bridge. Hence my question about access to I75 south. It has been closed for two years.
Windsor / Detroit bridge. Hence my question about access to I75 south. It has been closed for two years.

Hey dsage,
OK. I didn't want to get into anything if you were going via either Sarnia or the Windsor Tunnel.
If you have any worries or unhappy thoughts about I-75, you could take W. Jefferson or often called Jefferson W. It's about the same time, and very close to the same distance, much less traffic, and takes you sorta along the river and through some interesting areas. Once in Wyandotte you are just 1-1/2 blocks from the NAMES SHOW at the YACK ARENA.

To access it, get as far right as practical at US Customs, and really far right for the Toll Booth, and stay way to the right as you leave the pay toll. You stay OFF any access to the free-ways. Keep way way to the right onto a surface street that takes you to Bagley St.. Take Bagley east-bound for a few blocks to 16th or 18th and turn right, heading back parallel to the Bridge. Go about three blocks to a STOP sign at the T-intersection with FORT St.. Turn right on Fort St.. Take any one of the next few streets to the left. In one block the T-intersection STOP sign is W. Jefferson. Turn right, relax and have fun for 10 miles.

Don't buy out the place before I get a chance, but have fun.

Hey dsage,
OK. I didn't want to get into anything if you were going via either Sarnia or the Windsor Tunnel.
If you have any worries or unhappy thoughts about I-75, you could take W. Jefferson or often called Jefferson W. It's about the same time, and very close to the same distance, much less traffic, and takes you sorta along the river and through some interesting areas. Once in Wyandotte you are just 1-1/2 blocks from the NAMES SHOW at the YACK ARENA.

To access it, get as far right as practical at US Customs, and really far right for the Toll Booth, and stay way to the right as you leave the pay toll. You stay OFF any access to the free-ways. Keep way way to the right onto a surface street that takes you to Bagley St.. Take Bagley east-bound for a few blocks to 16th or 18th and turn right, heading back parallel to the Bridge. Go about three blocks to a STOP sign at the T-intersection with FORT St.. Turn right on Fort St.. Take any one of the next few streets to the left. In one block the T-intersection STOP sign is W. Jefferson. Turn right, relax and have fun for 10 miles.

Don't buy out the place before I get a chance, but have fun.

Hi Brian:
Thanks for the instructions. I'll map it out. Co-incidentally we did almost exactly that last year. Except we just followed Fort St. out to Southgate. We got a bit confused a couple of times with that route but it wasn't too bad. I recognized Fort because it is close to our hotel and so just followed it until I recognized things.
<edit> I looked at your route and it seems a bit more direct to the arena.
Thanks again.

Last edited:
Show floor and arena is ready for this week end, There will be a total closure of south bound I-75 starting 4/26 Friday 9pm till 4/29 Monday 5am. I-75 section that has been closed for the last 2 years is open and smooth sailing both directions. It is clear from the bridge from Canada to Wyandotte

Grasshopper here,
Just drove up, Thursday the 25th from Indianapolis. I-75 was clear going to Detroit. Had a hotel in Windsor, Canada and that was a disaster. The hotel wasn’t all that nice, so I canceled. Going over the Ambassador Bridge wasn’t fun either. Huron road is botched up with construction and add to that trucks and you could be in for a long wait. I found a hotel in Auburn Hills, Michigan and the I-75 north of Detroit for 15 miles is also a disaster in both lanes. One side is under construction, so you’re on the other side, 2 lanes north and 2 lanes south. I’ll see what it’s like tomorrow as I’m going to The Henry Ford museum in Dearborn.

Well the show floor was filling up with exhibitors and vendors. If you are coming in on either Saturday or Sunday make sure you check the MDOT map of construction projects before leaving home Use the cone icon upper left corner on the map page as there is some week end only work and closures

Latest posts

Back