Mystery Live Steam Engine! Need Help!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Larson

Reaction score
This engine has no markings anywhere on it. Does anyone know what this engine is?

IMG_0642 (478x640).jpg

IMG_0644 (478x640).jpg

IMG_0645 (478x640).jpg

IMG_0646 (478x640).jpg

Welcome Eric, perhaps you could give us a short bio about yourself, maybe even a few lines to describe how it was that you came by this engine. To me I would have to venture a guess in that it is an engine project from a machine shop class. That or it was constructed from pieces made by a retired machinist/hobbyist. Definitely not from castings and I cannot say that I have ever seen drawings that fit it exactly (close, but not exact).

BC1
Jim

Thank you for the welcome.

I'm new to the steam engine world. I'm very savvy when it comes to diesel/gasoline engine development and design. I find the automobile world fascinating! I was born and raised in Burley Idaho. I am the Internet Manager for our local Ford dealer GOODE MOTOR. We are the oldest Ford dealer in Idaho.

My folks own a large storage facility. When I was eight years old a tenant had missed several payments on his unit. So the only course of action was to hold an auction for the units contents. That is how I came across this and another steam engine. They sat in my bedroom on a shelf during my childhood. I took them with me when I moved out at 18. I just recently realized had still had them. I was rumaging around in the basement of my new house when I came across them. I know one "which is not listed" is a Stuart D10 but, this large vertical one has me stumped. It weighs close to 15lbs., has no markings and, the precision on it is amazing! I would appreciate anyones opinion on what it might be.

Hey! Small world. I live in Burley. Glad you found us!!! Someone will be sure to come along and know what it is. You should post pictures of the Stuart. I work practically across the street from you at Kodiak America.

Its a steam engine....

Someone had to do it, so I thought it might as well be me...

Latest posts

Back