My workshop

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bog, I have the same mill made by Enco a few years back. It's a great machine. The only flaw that I noticed was That it was to short for most of my work. I built a 6" spacer for the column and that fixed that. I also wished I'd bought the power feed.

Have fun, Wes

John;
It's a Grizzly Mill.

I luckily got a good one. It is about 4 yrs old and has been an 'honest' mill .Plenty straight and sturdy enough for the home machinist. the z travel is only ~3" but the knee travel gives me about a 12 " of headroom.
I bought the DRO separately from Shooting Star and it is also very good for the price with lots of neat features.

Ray

Many thanks for that gents, I now think my mind is made up.
There is nothing like first hand experience.

John

Bogstandard said:
Ray,
I am looking at a new miller, basically the same one as you have. 3 axis DRO with table power feeds.

Are there any faults or problems with it, in your opinion. Or have you been happy with your purchase?

John

Righto John, the mill/drill in the first photo, it looks like a Sieg X2, is it? If it is, then the motor on it, is that a standard motor or have you done some hanky panky with it? If you have done a conversion, what is the new motor rated at?

regards greenie

Latest posts

Back