My Running Engines

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheepo45

Reaction score
Here is a video of my completed engines running.
The larger one is an Upshur Farm Engine that I built about 16 years ago. I have worn out 3 sets of rings and 2 cylinders in that time! It still runs great. I run it on a mixture of lantern fuel and 2 stroke oil. The base contains a 9 volt R/C car battery and an automotive coil for the ignition. This was my first model engine. It has been at every Cabin Fever show except the first one.
The smaller air engine is an Elmer's Standby I built in 2011, and the larger air engine is an Elmer's #30 opposed that I just finished.
I hope you enjoy the video.
cheepo45
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdxcXdShYtg[/ame]

Man its been a long time since I saw your upshure running....looking good!!!

I can't wit to catchup with you guys at Cabin Fever. I may bring my upshur farm engine so you you can see it run.

DAve

Cheepo and Dave,
I'll have lots of questions for you guys at Cabin Fever. I'm about to start an Upshur Farm Engine. Don't try to hide from me either :hDe: 'cause I'll just park my carcass near your engines and wait 'till you come back to fill up the fuel tanks:rolleyes:

Phil

Phil. You won't have to look to hard they will be right next to each other. I look forward to talking to you

Dave

Cheepo45, Here is what im working on now:D can you guess what it is?

Dave

DSC02746.jpg

Looks like a fancy opposed to me! You are going to need your own table at Cabin Fever ! :)
cheepo45

Cheepo45, Its all your fault!! After I saw yours running I had to have one. I have a cnc so I put it to work. Don't think I will have it done by Cabin Fever but will bring it along.

DAve

It was a cool project-lots of moving linkages and stuff.
cheepo45

Back