My miniature at work.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popnrattle

Reaction score
This is a video of my first miniature engine doing work. There is more info about the engine than in the previous video submitted here. After months of operation the engine is still "tight" and runs 4 hours on a shot glass of Coleman fuel and 40:1 tc3w for o-ring lubrication. My wiring schematic is on photobucket. (I'm "popnrattle" there ,also.) Later, Rick.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVBRj-NAzp8[/ame]

http://s489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/popnrattle/?action=view&current=HITNMISSWIRINGSCHEMATIC.jpg

Awesome, I could do that all day. I love seeing these engine put to work!

Kel

That was a cool video to watch!!!
Very innovative!!!

Andrew

Rose is having way too much fun with that! Very nice. Love to see these engines doing real work!

Chuck

Rick

That is a fantastic can crusher. I think you better put some clear guards on it and take it to the county fair and set up a booth. Sell cold drinks and recycle the cans. Everyone will be buying drinks like crazy just so they can see them crushed. At the end of the day you will have a truck load of crushed cans to recycle. Good luck. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

Very cool. Fun to see a "model engine" actually do some real work. :bow:

Fantastic to watch.
How long does the o-ring last?

Brian.

Thanks for all the positive comments. All 4 identical engines I have built have their original o-ring. I'm very impressed with their durability. One of the engines has been especially abused for several hours at extreme rpm and load just to see what would break first. It would lock-up when it got too hot but after cooling off would crank back up with the same compression. "cfellows" is the guy who suggested using an o-ring($0.70 ea.) and gave me the dimensions for the groove. Even though I had already bought the cast iron rings($5.00 ea.). Later, Rick.

For sure, a thinking man's can crusher. Well done. I've seen some clever ones in my day, but this one tops them all.

Orrin

I love it too!!!

Very nice job... thanks for share with us!

Cheers,

Alexandre

Now that is a cool project!!! Love all the hired help too. Thanks for sharing it.

Harold

Great job on your impressive project! Love the planetary clutch... Your engine sounds great. doesn't seem to even load up....just keeps chuggin'!

Latest posts

Back