My Holt finally runs

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbritnell

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Gentlemen, after almost 20 months the Holt is running. The building wasn't as frustrating as the last 2 months of trying to get it going. All along I thought I was having carb problems (I did have some) but in the end it turned out to be the ignition, more to the point it was my NiCad batteries that weren't holding a good charge. Since I got it running I have found a few things that need to be taken care of but they are minor in the overall scope of the build. Anyway here's the youtube link.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSdI0Qf8hxI[/ame]
gbritnell

Very nicely done GB, looks good ............... and sounds even better 8)

CC

looks good GB, way to go. I'm trying to remember the pedigree for this - was it from a mag, is it a scale model or free lance etc and i can't quite place it?

DAMN!

Now that's a model engine!

Rick

Thanks gents, this was scratch built from the drawings that Coles sells. I purchased the drawings beforehand to see what was involved and after going over them I decided to scratch everything except the flywheel and manifolds. Being as there's not alot of them in circulation I had to dig for information on any problems this engine might have. A gentleman by the name of Neal James gave me some helpful advice on fine tuning this engine. I have posted many threads around the internet on building the various components for the Holt. I eventually would like to go back to carb that was detailed in the drawings (which I have built) but it is going to need some modifications.
gbritnell

Latest posts

Back