My first runner (oscillator)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankyou everyone for your interest and encouraging comments. They are much appreciated.

Zeeprogrammer, the run you see in the video is the duration of that cannister before it ices up and looses pressure. No idea what the psi is. It is a heavy drain on it as there is air escaping all the time. This could be that I made an error in the ports or perhaps need a stronger spring, I dont know. I do have a larger cannister but it was the small one I found first. I'll try a stronger spring and large can if I can find them.

Foozer, number 2 I would hope to be the Vega twin I already started but I am getting stuck with it on a couple of things so who knows. I may well get distracted again when I see something else on here ;D

Phiberoptix, glad you like it. I nearly made a brass piston but thought it would look wrong.

Thanks again everyone,
Peter.

Great build Peter. :bow:

I hope to have my IC completed soon (Duclos Odds N' Ends).

Thanks for sharing...

Jeff

I had a little play again today and it is running better with a stronger spring. My porting seems fine. Found a larger can but it was getting low and at a guess only has the volume of the small one. Anyway it ran the engine well and I got a duration of a couple of minutes from it by shaking it when it started to lose pressure.

Peter :)

all i can say is yeeeee great engine i like the legs toooo

Nice work Peter,

I love looking at peoples first works/ runners , as I am new to this also, so new I don't even have my lathe yet ! Will in a week or so though ! Gives me inspiration to get building soon ! Was this a material/round stock kit or did you do it from plans only? Nice work, nice finish all around.

Tony...

tonphil1960 said:
Nice work Peter,

I love looking at peoples first works/ runners , as I am new to this also, so new I don't even have my lathe yet ! Will in a week or so though ! Gives me inspiration to get building soon ! Was this a material/round stock kit or did you do it from plans only? Nice work, nice finish all around.

Tony...

Hello Tony,

Thanks for the compliment. It was made up from materials I had. It's based on Lucy and I found the plans here http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=97.0
Hope all goes smoothly getting your new lathe set up.

Peter :)

Latest posts

Back