My Build of Stew's Overcrank Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lesmo

Reaction score
This is the finished Overcrank Engine.

At the start I was unsure if I had the ability to complete this project, having only previously made the relatively simple Elmer beam engine from Brian Rupnow’s drawings, which I altered the design of, as I progressed, became more confident.

IMG_0189_zps82d2cad2.jpg

IMG_0190_zpsdce6f35a.jpg

IMG_0191_zpsd9015f96.jpg

IMG_0192_zpsc2663b88.jpg

IMG_0193_zpsd2fc6f96.jpg

IMG_0194_zpsb23ea1b2.jpg

IMG_0195_zps61db431f.jpg

IMG_0197_zps202c500f.jpg

At the start I was unsure if I had the ability to complete this project, having only previously made the relatively simple Elmer beam engine from Brian Rupnow’s drawings, which I altered the design of, as I progressed, became more confident.

And here it is running as I had hoped it would

http://youtu.be/6imVcygNPfE

And the link to the thread in “Work in Progress”
http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/f31/my-build-stews-overcrank-engine-18139/

Thanks for the post. It is always good to see a well executed engine, especially one that is a bit different.

Is there a functional need for the small flywheel? It looks so small it appears it would not contribute much. Looks great, though.

Bill

Lesmo, Congratulation on a BEAUTIFUL build

By the power vested in me I declare you CONFIDENT! ;)

Take Care and Be Well

Ken

Lesmo,

I passed by your completion of this engine without really looking. On seeing it again, I have to say I really like the detailing you have added and the bling of the whole thing.

--ShopShoe

Wow! That's a great engine with all of the detail and moving parts, I've never seen one like that before. You did a super job building it and you are truly a great craftsman!

:bow

Beautiful work. Runs so nice at scale speed. A model to be very proud of. Thanks for posting.
Ernie J

Thank's for your interest and comments guys, nice to know someone out there is looking in.

Bill your question about the small flywheel, I think it is a drive belt pulley rather than a flywheel.

Les

Thank's for your interest and comments guys, nice to know someone out there is looking in.

Bill your question about the small flywheel, I think it is a drive belt pulley rather than a flywheel.

Les
That works!

Being so compact, I figured it was a marine engine and never considered the possibility of indirect drive.

Bill

Latest posts

Back