Msc

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've come to like Zoro. They are fairly priced, quick to ship, and because of their shipping location, we basically get overnight shipping for the price of ground. They also offer free shipping for all orders over $50.

I've come to like Zoro. They are fairly priced, quick to ship, and because of their shipping location, we basically get overnight shipping for the price of ground. They also offer free shipping for all orders over $50.

Good people. Unfortunately in Tn, so high tax to Tn residents. Otherwise, great.

Travers is now pushing free ship and as long as you have the right address, no tax. Still more expensive, but Travers is decent quality. MSC/Enco has probably shot themselves in the foot.

Good people. Unfortunately in Tn, so high tax to Tn residents. Otherwise, great.

Our orders all seem to come from Chicago, so I checked on their site if they had a TN warehouse out of curiosity. If they do, it's not listed.

"Q. Where do you ship from?
A. We ship Zoro stocked items out of five warehouses strategically located across the country. More specifically, they are in California (one in sunny SoCal and one in breezy NorCal), Illinois (the Land of Lincoln), South Carolina (the Land of Mustard BBQ sauce) and Texas (the warehouse there is bigger).

Third party items ship directly from manufacturers located all over the country."

I think there may be another factor. Maybe a state internet sales tax law or something.

What is your sales tax up to nowadays? Last time I was there, I think it was 8 or 9%.

Latest posts

Back