Mrs Maryak's Mansion

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Bob,
I'm guessing you like cats! Very nice place you have there.

psst, but wheres the shop?

Tony

Best Wishes

Very nice, Bob.
Be careful. If you get as relaxed as the cats in the mansion we will never see any more output from the shop.
Congratulations to both you and Mrs M.
Gail in NM

Looks nice, Bob. Getting the boss in a house she likes will sure help the budget on the shop. :big:

Kenny

Bob,

I think I see you a grinning ;D from across the pond.

Philly

Nice to see you settled. Now look out on the engine building front! How far is the workshop along to work starting? Still think the family room would have been better as a workshop! :big:

Congrats on getting settled in. You have a lovely home Bob.

Thanks for sharing that journey with us,
Kermit

A very interesting read....Building a house here in the UK is so very different to that of Oz....

Thanks for sharing, hope you and your good lady wife enjoy your new home...

Very nice home, Bob. Is this going to lead to increased shop time or do you still have new-home-projects to complete?

Chuck

Thanks again guys for your support and interest. :bow: :bow:

John,

When I was a little tacker in the UK I used to help my Dad wire houses and my maternal grandfather was a stone mason. It's poles apart between the 2 countries.

If you took away cordless drills, multigrips, circular saws and nail guns you would incapacitate 95% of the tradesmen here. Not to mention plastics and associated adhesives.

Chuck,

If nothing else, distance to and from will reduce my shop time. But................the list of honey do's is longer than my arms and that's only inside. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Can't wait to start on the outside. ::) ::) ::) ::)

Best Regards
Bob

I know what you mean about the house projects. I may not live long enought to get them all done!

Chuck

Beautiful home Bob! :bow:

Our best wishes for you and Galina to spend the next 50 years
happy and healthy to wear it out.

Rick

Chuck,

Went to my shop this week. Opened the door and looked wistfully at the 2nd flywheel sitting in the lathe chuck, where I left it in AUGUST. Then took the 12" = 1ft Picasso by Galina of our soon to be letter box and commenced the life saving build of said item.

IMG_0989.jpg

Rick,

Thanks for your kind words I hope we can wear it out as you say.

Best Regards
Bob

Will you be having grass in front of your house or it that illegal?

New houses are the worst in terms of a million niggling little things that need to be done. At least most of the work is creative in nature, so there is a sense of accomplishment at the end of the project.

For me, it's currently replacing the backsplash tile in the kitchen. Next, it will be resurfacig the black painted cabinets, also in the kitchen. The previous owners were completely devoid of any sense of decorating.

The first picture is before and as you can see, the backsplash is 12" tile mounted on a diagonal and painted, yes, painted white. The second picture is after tiling but before grouting. A little color makes quite a difference.

Kitchen3.jpg

NewTile.jpg

Stan,

You may have grass if you want mainly because of the super duper underground irrigation system. We are having a rosary interspersed with dahlias and irise and a ground cover of violas and bark chips. The verge will be grass. We made a start on this yesterday and managed to plant 7 roses before my back gave out, and I had help in the form of a young Russian immigrant who did 80% of the hard slog. We will try for a few more again today.

Because we want a non standard garden we must put in the plants and then the landscaper will run the irrigation pipes and feeders to our plants.

Chuck,

You are so right, most of the work is very rewarding and I like your new backsplash.

Best Regards
Bob

That brings up a second question. Is the irrigation system from your rain collection system, municipal water source or something completely different. I ask these questions because I remember you saying that you had to use rain water to flush the toilets.

Stan,

The irrigation is from the mains reticulated water system at $1.88 per kilolitre :eek: :eek:

Half the roses planted.

IMG_1013.jpg

The irrigation controller.

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

Best Regards
Bob

Bob,

Nice work. I enjoy learning about the construction practices of another location, the layout, materials, utilities. I am a pussy person too. Your felines look very content. Mine are out of doors killing mice in the corn fields.

Regards,
Greg

Hi Guys,

As promised the photos of the study complete with new furniture.

From the doorway.

IMG_1034.jpg

Galina's half.

IMG_1035.jpg

The new desk.

IMG_1036.jpg

The front garden and verge completed.

IMG_1019.jpg

Best Regards
Bob

Back