Mrs Maryak's Mansion

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob

Looking good. Nice to see that you got something more than you were expecting. Usually it the other way around.

Cheers :)

Don

Arnold and Don,

Thanks for the kind words and support. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Exciting times Bob and I bet you can't wait until its finished! Looks a very nice place indeed

Mike

Thanks Mike,

It's all systems go at the moment as we only have 2 weeks to get out and in.

We sold our unit and settlement is on 26th Oct.

2 Very Happy Campers

Best Regards
Bob

Hi Bob, it's nice to have been able to sell the old place first. When the wife and I moved some years back we were stuck with the old and the new for almost a year, taxes, heat etc. The greatest thing about the new place is not having to work on it for many years.
gbritnell

Hey Bob,
Nice Place and its so nice to have good floors in the shop Rof}
Tony

George and Tony,

Thanks guys. :bow: :bow:

Just to show I have been busy here's a couple of shots of lights and curtains, (all made by Galina :bow: :bow:).

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

compliments to Galina for the very nice curtains she has made

and the lights? did you install them Mariak?
but who chose them?
anyway, they are very nice too

ariz said:
compliments to Galina for the very nice curtains she has made

and the lights? did you install them Mariak?
but who chose them?
anyway, they are very nice too

Thanks Ariz for the kind words which I've passed on to Galina.
Yes, I installed them but Galina chose them, (more than my life is worth to get into the selection process ::) )

Best Regards
Bob

Hi All,

We are moved in to the new house. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Much disarray, spasmodic internet using a dongle, no piccys coz crap in boxes is just crap in boxes.

Best Regards
Bob

Maryak

Congratulations Bob on finally being in the new place. I guess that there will be a lot of little things to adjust and some unpacking to do but that is more fun than packing. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

congrats Bob and Galina
you're in your new, well deserved nest now!

I wish it will give you a lot of peaceful & amusing time togheter

Good to hear from you Bob! Best wishes to both of you! ;D

Dave

Congratulations Bob and Galina. I'm sure you'll enjoy it immensely. Other than a few things you'll want to do there is nothing you'll have to do for quite a few years. It seemed like we were always doing some type of repair or upgrade to our old place and now that we're in the new one we can devote more time to what we want to do. What type of warranty do you get with the house? We had one year. For small items like drywall cracks we waited right up until the end before we had them fixed. We were lucky in the fact that our builder took care of things without a problem.
gbritnell

Congratulaions Bob, and thanks for letting us ride along.

I am kind of sorry that you are finished your house. I have looked forward to your weekly reports and learned a lot about house building in your part of the world. I built a house in Northern Canada and one in the US Southwest and both were quite different construction than yours.

May you and Galina have many years of enjoyment in your new home.

Nice to see you posting again Bob. I know moving is a pain so hope you can get settled in soon.

Ron

congrats bob may you and yours enjoy the new place for a long time. Have you moved the shop to the new location yet. I know it is going to the daughters place.
Tin

Guys,

Thanks for all the kind words and support through this saga. One never to be repeated. :eek:

George builders guarantees in Oz are a myth, 3 months to claim all things. I can only say that getting the various sub contractors to come back and correct their minor mistakes, (mostly electrical and plumbing), is almost impossible. It took 3 weeks to get the electrician to return and the plumber still has not provided us with a plug for the bath.

At least the house is sound and these things are very minor. As I said to the building supervisor, if you and the subbies had done the job properly in the first place, I wouldn't be on your back.

Best Regards
Bob

A big THANK YOU :bow: :bow: :bow: to all who contributed.

As a finale 2 finished ??? rooms

LOUNGE

From this:

IMG_0344.jpg

To this:

IMG_0975.jpg

FAMILY ROOM

From this:

IMG_0339.jpg

To this:

IMG_0978.jpg

Best Regards