Most useless tool

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shred,
Is that the one with like an inverted 'V' on a pivot, just line up the two marks and you are in the centre. If so, got one, another piece of useless junk, to be found long after I have gone to a better place and and will be thought to be the marvel of the 20th century. But we know better.

Lew,
I had already thought of that, but there are in fact two problems, the tapered part contains the batteries and at the small end of the taper I think that taking just a few thou off would break into the screw threads on the inside. The second is that I don't think I could hold the tolerance of 0.0002" to be used as a precision instrument, that would really need to be cylindrically ground. There is a third problem, I just can't be bothered to do it.
But at least the batteries still work after about 5 years in 'storage'.

Wareagle,
I think we are just PT Barnum fodder.

John

HI
You want an edge finder buy a 5 quid laser pointer make up a three point adjustable holder for your collet and there you have it. just limit the output from the laser using a 10 thou mask. made mine a few years ago after being scared sh*tles at the price Chronos wanted for one.

Cheers kevin

Latest posts

Back