Model Woodsplitter

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great timing Brian. I just run out of tooth picks. Can I place an order Rof}. Great running engine also. A really neat project.

Herbiev--I should be thanking you, because it was you who got me thinking about log splitters. I can design just about anything, but I find that my difficulty is thinking up projects to design.

Very cool Brian. I like your one handed procedure - way too easy to mis-time 2 hands and split a finger! So what's next in your woodworking shop? How about a thicknesser/planer for the planks off your sawmill?
Cogsy--One of these days, I'm going to use one of my engines to power up one of my slitting saws and see if they generate enough power to make an old fashioned buzz saw.---Brian

Fantastic Work Brian. Works like a charm. I would have thought the engine would have protested a bit. It's like it wasn't even there.
And you designed it, made it and documented it in about 10 days !! (or so)
Man your good. :)

Sage

Fantastic Work Brian. Works like a charm. I would have thought the engine would have protested a bit. It's like it wasn't even there.
And you designed it, made it and documented it in about 10 days !! (or so)
Man your good. :)

Sage
Dsage--I have come a long ways since I built my first wobbler 5 years ago!!!:eek::eek:

If you do all this and work as well,imagine how much you will get done
when you retire ?? I love everything you do.My Hero.Congrats Barry

Barry--I am retired--sorta--kinda. In 2012 when I turned 65 I quit soliciting new customers, didn't upgrade my software, and went into semi retirement with enough repeat business from steady customers that I expected to work about half of every year, and do "retired" things the other half. That worked the first year, but by the second year I only worked about 4 months and the third year I only worked two months.--My customer base was fading away from attrition. So--On the last day of 2014 I shelled out $1800 for new, up to date software and started soliciting customers again. Building model machinery is fun, and I do throw myself into projects whole heartedly, but I would much rather be working more at my "design engineer" job than modeling so much.

Latest posts

Back