Model engine bore size

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesPruitt

Reaction score
I am attempting a build of lycoming o360. If you use a 1/4 scale the bore size will be 1.25" is this to big for a model engine
thanks dave

No, model engines can be any size you want. Most of mine are 1" bore. There is no governing body that determines what can and can not be called a "model engine".

I'm with brian on that one. As long as the replica is smaller than the original i would call it a model even if it is only 10% smaller. If the build is the same size then it would be a recreation.

I am attempting a build of lycoming o360. If you use a 1/4 scale the bore size will be 1.25" is this to big for a model engine
thanks dave

How big is your machinery? I suggest don't try this at home on a Sherline, though there is probably some prodigy who could pull it off with a file and a hammer. On the other hand, you should have no capacity issues, per se, with a Myford or SBL.

thanks for the quick responce will post some pictures as soom as i get started still in design

Reactions: gus

Latest posts

Back