Miser Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnp101677

Reaction score
I am getting ready to start making my third engine. My first was the Elmer’s Tiny. The second was a stirling engine that looks like the picture below. I have the plans for a Miser by Jerry Howell. Does anyone think this would not be a good third engine to make. I want to make the ½ scale one so that I can sit it on my desk at work.

I would appreciate any thoughts from people who have made one. Is it tricky or too complicated for me considering my intermediate skill level? Should I shy away from the ½ scale idea? Thank you in advance.

Dan

SE pic.jpg

I built the half-size Miser some years ago...

LTD.jpg

It runs beautifully on a cup of coffee or a saucer of ice cubes - just the thing for your desktop.

I think that, having two engines, one a Stirling, under your belt, this would be a nice engine with which to extend your skills. Go for it.

Does Howell's family still sell the kit of hard-to-find parts for this engine? If so, buy it unless you have a means of sourcing the tiny ball bearings elsewhere.

Contact me when you start construction. I have some suggestions that will make building it easier and will also make it a better runner.

Latest posts

Back