I have started work on a new project, a horizontal steam engine designed by Mr Harold E Benson. The plans are free, metric and have been well drawn by J.A.M. DeWaal of New Zealand. Here is the link http://www.vapeuretmodelesavapeur.com/telechargements4/. The engine is quite large, nearly 700mm in length. This will be a bit of a relief over the last engine as it required a lot of M2 tapping and I felt more like a watchmaker than a hacker machinist. These plans call for a twin flywheel arrangement but mine will have to make do with one as that is all I have at the moment and funds are tight, plus I'm in the doghouse for a bit of an overspend on tooling so it behooves me to keep a low fiscal profile and let the storm clouds blow over. My cast iron flywheel is quite a bit different from the one in the drawings, in a previous life it was probably a flat belt drive pulley in a shearing shed, I got it for a few dollars from an Op shop a while back. It just fitted into my lathe, I made a stub axle and press fitted it into the hub. This was later drilled and bored to the correct diameter and machined off in the mill. Most of the turning was done with a boring bar turned upside down and the lathe run in reverse as that was the only way I could get at it. I expected that the cast would be diamond hard because of the age, in truth it turned like butter silk and was an absolute joy except for the MESS! In the end it turned out quite well and I was pleased with the result. The pics tell the story better than I can. More later. Cheers, Peter.